Friday, May 4, 2007

Nostalgia

My cousin Ernie sent me a video of the Carnival Parties thrown in Caracas during the 50's...The link is below for those that may want to know how they were and how Caracas looked like back then...The band playing the song was called "Billos Caracas Boys". They were very famous back then up until I finished High School. Going to a party where that band was playing was very cool...The rithm that they are playing is called Merengue...I danced to that music in many parties...In the video you will see some girls dressed with dark mask...those are the famous "Negritas" a very popular costume during Carnival in Venezuela...I remember my cousin Scarla wearing that custome to some of the parties... You can see the parades...I AM HOMESICK!!!!...I am also including another links about the old and modern Caracas for your entertainment...


Mi primo Ernie me mando un video de las fiestas de Carnaval que se hacian en Caracas duranto los Cincuentas...La pagina esta abajo para aquellos que quieran saber como eran las fiestas y como Caracas era en esa epoca...La banda tocando se llamaba "Billos Caracas Boys". Ellos eran muy famosos en esa epoca hasta que yo me gradue de Bachillerato. Ir a una fiesta donde esa banda estaba tocado era lo maximo...El ritmo que ellos tocan se llama Merengue...Baile esa musica en muchas fiestas...en el video estan las famosas "Negritas" que era un disfraz muy popular durante el Carnaval en Venezuela...Recuredo my prima Scarla poniendose uno de esos disfraces en alguna de las fiestas...Se pueden ver las Comparsas...ME DIO NOSTALGIA!!!!...estoy incluyendo otros videos de la Vieja y Moderna Caracas para su entretenimiento...

2 comments:

Jaime Ann said...

I am sorry you are homesick! I get that feeling more in the fall when I miss the leaves changing and pending snow like when I grew up. You must miss the food too. I know I miss certain foods.

Jacki said...

These clips are fun to watch and I can see how they could make you homesick, I love finding old pictures of where I grew up.