Sunday, June 15, 2008

Parenting

I was looking at Nathan today and I could not believe how tall and older he has gotten...From time to time I look at his baby pictures and I become melancolic...I miss my baby...I also took the time to think about how it takes to be a parent...It is just not the feedings, the changing, the laundry, the conforting on nights of nightmares and days of falls...It is trying to give them an integral education, so they can grow strong and be out of trouble...It is the swimming lessons, the TaeKwenDo classes and activities, the homework, the Spanish classes...So, I went back to remember my youger years, and I want to give special thanks to my Grandmother (Yola) and my aunt (Xiohma)...My aunt spend the money to get us in our education and activities...Yola would take us to all the activities we needed to go...Thank you, thank you, thank you for making me the being I am today and get me out of trouble...I love you for that and more!

Estaba viendo a Nathan hoy y no pude creer lo alto y grande que está...De vez en cuando veo sus fotos de bebé y me da melancolía...Extraño a mi bebé...También ,e puse a pensar en el esfuerzo que toma el ser padre/madre...No es solo las comidas, los cambios de ropa, lavar, las noches de pesadillas o los días de caídas...Es tratar de dar una formación integral, para que puedan crecer fuertes y estar alejados de problemas...Es las lecciones de nado, las clases y actividades de TaeKwenDo, las tareas, las clases de Español...Asi que me puse a recordar mis años de juventud, y quiero darle gracias especiales a mi Abuela (Yola) y a mi tía (Xiohma)...Mi tía invertió en nuestra educación y actividades...Yola nos llevaba a todas las actividades que teniamos que ir...Gracias, gracias, gracias por hacer de mi la persona que soy hoy y mantenerme alejada de problemas...Las amo por eso y mas!

No comments: