Friday, May 16, 2008

A Horrible Day!

I never thought that my day could get so hectic that I would forget about picking up my son at his TaKwenDo class...but I did today...I feel so horrible for that!!! There were some last minute issues at work today and I lost track of time and the day...I thought that I had until 5:30 pm today to pick up my son at school...It was until I received a call from his Grandfather that I realized that today was Friday and I should had been picking up Nathan and his friend at TaKwenDo by 5:00 pm...I was already 15 minutes late and I still had to drive 30 minutes to pick them up...I hit the road and I had the slowest drivers in front of me...I kept praying and saying to myself: "There is a reason why you can not go faster...God knows what is going on and everything will be OK at the end" I finally made it and they were sitting in the waiting room and when they saw me they were so happy...I am not the person that puts work before her family but today I lost track of time...

Nunca pense que mi dia podria convertirse en algo desastroso que terminaria por olvidar de recoger a mi hijo a su clase de TaKwenDo...pero me pasó hoy...Me siento tan terrible por eso!!!Hubo problemas de ultimo minuto en el trabajo hoy y perdí nocion del tiempo y del día...Creí que tenia hasta las 5:30 pm para recorgerlo al colegio...No fue hasta que recibi una llamada de su abuelo que me di cuenta del dia y la hora...Es Viernes y yo tenia que recoger a Nathan y su amiguito a las 5:00 pm en la clase the TaKwenDo...Estaba retrasada 15 minutos y todavia tenia que manejar 30 minutos para recogerlo...Me encaminé y me tocó todos los choferes lentos en frente de mi...Me dije a mi misma y recé durante el trayecto: "Hay una razón por la que no puedes ir mas rápido...Dios sabe por lo que estas pasando y todo estará bien al final" Finalmente llegué a recogerlos y estaban en el cuarto de espera..estaban muy contento de verme...No soy una persona que pone el trabajo primero que la familia pero hoy perdí nocion del tiempo...

1 comment:

Jaime Ann said...

Sadly with two more on the way it is going to only get more hectic and crazy. I was so happy when Jacque could finally drive to help with pick ups and drop offs.